It’s friday the 13th Mr Mumps
And I miss your guiding voice.
Oscar Peterson bebopping,
I’ve donned my ranchera hat
In the big apple
Cuz you can’t take the Cali out of me.
Scott you were right; the hootenanny goes on and on
From state to state
I’ll need a Jamesons –
Raising it in honor of a poet,
For my Park Avenue swing.
I keep moving
And Marc Cary takes me by the hand
Dammit I can hike barefoot in the Santa Monica mountains
Without a scratch
But do the NYC all reet
And I gets blisters on my feet.
Destination in view,
My adventure ends and
Ian Drury is hitting me with his rhythm stick.
Good Morning Scott,
Wherever ye may be
The Manhattan streets with me.
Ode To Wannberg Playlist:
- Charlie Hunter Quartet/Talkin’ Blues
- Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley/Confrontation
- Oscar Petersen Trio/Moten Swing
- La Sonora Dinamita/Que Nadie Sepa Mi Sufrir
- Daniel Lanois/Brother L.A.
- Elvis Costello/Watching The Detectives
- Marc Cary/Attachment
- Ian Drury & The Blockheads/Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick