I’ve had The Clash‘s Red Angel Dragnet stuck in my head for a few days now. It doesn’t really have anything to do with this post or maybe it does? I will let you decide.
My dreams are an enormous source for material in my poetry. In fact I seem to be composing things in my sleep but can’t remember them when I wake up. I kept thinking about the fluttering of eyelashes in the middle of the night because I dreamt of it, then in my “between wakefulness and sleep” I composed a poem but was too sleepy to get up and write it down. So of course I had forgotten most of it when I woke up.
In the same dream I saw the zodiac constellations with such clarity I knew I could not be in a city. I turned Scorpius into a lobster! Perhaps in the Namibian desert…? I also saw a shooting star. Lovely stuff actually. And then most likely I went on to have nightmares about how people drive in my village.
So if anyone has a suggestion as to how I can retain what I seem to be composing while sleeping, I’d sure love to hear it. But listen, I draw the line at needles.
PS. By the by, I usually dream in jazz and woke this morning with Stan Getz in my brain. The Clash having moved off to another astral plane.
- The Constellation Stars (4youknow.wordpress.com)
- Signs and Constellations – Relations to Diseases (freevedicastroadvice.wordpress.com)
- Is the Book of Calling A Trap Created by the Scorpion-Man? (warlockasylum.wordpress.com)
- Scorpios Need Not Apply: Zodiac Signs Inspire Job Bias (livescience.com)
- you are getting sleepy… (imagineenigami.wordpress.com)